Salesforce.com data is vulnerable to user error, unintentional data loading errors, malicious intent and other common causes of data loss…we all have great confidence in Salesforce.com, but data loss happens. Now we have a solution for getting it back.
Backup and recovery is more than “what if Salesforce.com” experiences a significant issue. It’s how do you recover from data loss or changes to clean data. As clients become more sophisticated and extend their use of Salesforce.com, there is a greater liability. Also, data manipulation is expensive. It’s typically a place where clients, either with data skills or not, may attempt to save money by doing their own data cleanup or data loading. This is fine, but can cause real heartache.
Avideon recognized this liability and potential for pain, and has partnered with OwnBackup.com to offer a Salesforce.com backup and restore capability for its clients.
Since the beginning of the year, clients have experienced:
- Data integration for address validation wiped out portions of address fields, and the client spent hours recovering data from old data sets.
- Client administrator made changes to production page layouts without appropriate backup, and could not “step back” to original layouts.
- Client uploaded a new list and overwrote existing clean data with unqualified data from third party source.
- Client deleted an unknown number of accounts, including all contacts, activity history, attachments, related object records.
- Salesforce Outage, though rare, has happened:
Enterprise need real solutions for real problems
In many cases data is simply lost. The price of recovery, even if original source data is availability, makes the challenge of recovery a non-starter. Ask yourself these questions:
- How would you recover an Account with many Contacts, Opportunities, Activities and related object records? Salesforce.com databases are complex and difficult to restore without the right tools.
- What if a Salesforce outage happens? Can you get your data in a timely manner? Mission critical data requires complete protection and down time is not an option
- Do you need a backup of your data for compliance? Compliance typically requires an independent backup solution, and the standard Salesforce offering doesn’t measure up.
- Through our relationship with OwnBackup, these insurmountable problems become a simple call to Avideon to restore files.
More than an insurance policy, we offer a service policy.
- When you are facing a serious data loss issue, you can call us and we will resolve the issue.
- How do you know you are at risk? What if a user deletes all of the Accounts (and everything related). How would you know? A period of time (an hour, a day, a week later) later, someone might say…”I can’t find an Account.” Even worse, they may not say they can’t find it, but just create a new one. With OwnBackup, we can set alert triggers like if more than X records are deleted from day to day, alert the customer. We can recover data from day to day, or from today to when a record existed on any day since we started our service.
- In the event data is lost. We can restore to the latest restore in a matter of minutes.
- In the event many accounts are purposefully deleted, and you need one back, we can do a selective restore.
- As part of our service policy, we will demonstrate monthly the restoration of a seed account as proof of backup and restore capabilities.
- and more…